- Creates Trusting Connections
- Skilled and Energetic Facilitator
- Deeply Committed to your Growth
- Sustainable Results
- Fully Present Husband and Father
- Hilarious in 77% of all Attempts
- Seeker of Back-Country Trout
- Loves an Adventure
Walt’s sense of service grew continuously over a 23-year active-duty career in the U.S. Navy, where he served as a helicopter pilot and retired at the rank of Commander. His time as an Associate Professor at the University of Colorado, teaching leadership and management, further fueled his passion for the study and practice of leadership development. Coaching and team facilitation became the natural merger of service and leadership development. Walt followed his passion for nurturing leadership growth as an in-house corporate coach, facilitator and speaker at a Fortune 200 healthcare company.
Walt believes that powerful coaching merges proven methodology with authentic human connection. He is an adherent of Integral Coaching (which he calls “Outcome-Based Coaching”) which uses multiple lenses to better understand the complexity of each client. This allows him to illuminate a clear path to outcomes that matter most to those he serves. His coaching is focused on creating sustainable insights and behaviors that are most important to his clients.
- CU Center for Leadership Executive Committee
- Bolder Boulder Memorial Day Tribute Advisory Committee
- Lead Colorado Curriculum Development Team
- Youth wrestling coach
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism from The University of Colorado, Boulder
- Master’s degree in International Strategy from the Naval War College, Newport Rhode Island.
- Certified Professional Integral Coach (ICC)
- Certified Enneagram Coach (IE9)