By: Tara Skredynski
In today’s job search, LinkedIn is the number one tools to get familiar with, if not master.
LinkedIn is not just a professional profile, but a way to be found by a recruiter and most importantly, a great networking tool.
However, LinkedIn is constantly updating its features, and it can be challenging to keep up.
Here are a few of the top new features to be aware of:
- Ring a person’s bell – Simply click the bell on your favorite connection's profiles, so you never miss their latest post!
Find out more here: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/a594247
- Creator mode – Creator mode is a profile setting on your dashboard that can help you grow your reach and influence on LinkedIn. You can turn on creator mode to get access to additional tools and features that help you create content and grow your audience base on LinkedIn.
To turn on creator mode:
- Click the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Click View Profile.
- Scroll down to Resources and click on Creator mode: Off.
- Click Next on the Creator mode preview pop-up window.
- Add topics (hashtags) to indicate the topics you post about the most.
- Click Done.
- Highlight features post on profile – You can leverage the Featured section on your LinkedIn profile to showcase the best samples of your work, as evidence of your skills and experience.
Find out more here: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/a552452
- Name pronunciation – It’s hard to pronounce names? LinkedIn has your back now. If your name is difficult to pronounce, all you need is to record your name’s correct pronunciation and display it on your LinkedIn profile. Help others and let your members correctly address you with LinkedIn’s new feature.
- Next on LinkedIn’s list for updates is LinkedIn Live audio rooms, similar to the Clubhouse platform. Find out more on the newest feature set to arrive soon!
Hopefully you find one or more of these features helpful in your job search!