LinkedIn Headline Examples for Job Seekers
The best LinkedIn headlines for your job hunt have a few things in common. They will:
- Show your skills and expertise (what do you do?)
- Include current or past job titles if those are relevant to the jobs you’re pursuing now
- Communicate the value you bring to a new employer (why should they care?)
- Include at least one keyword/phrase for the type of job you want, whether a job title or other keyword
Below are examples of effective headlines.
The Best LinkedIn Headline for Entry-Level Job Seekers and Recent Grads
Recent ___ graduate with a focus in ___, ___ and ___
Recent Finance graduate with a focus in financial analysis, reporting, and auditing
LinkedIn Headline Examples for Job Seekers with Experience
1. Role | Specific Achievement
B2B Inside Sales Rep | $2.4MM generated in 2018
Digital Ads Manager | 5 Years’ Experience Managing 7-figure ad budgets
This is a great LinkedIn headline for job seekers who have past results they can quantify.
2. Role | Years of Experience in Industry | Fun Fact to Stand Out
Human Resources Manager | 10+ Years of People Experience | Disneyland Annual Passholder
Senior Manufacturing Engineer | 6+ Years in GMP Manufacturing | Cat fanatic
This LinkedIn headline formula is a great way to include multiple keywords for the type of job you’re targeting (so you can get found in LinkedIn searches), while showing some personality, too.
3. Role | Industry/Expertise | Unique Value You Bring
Director of HR at Oracle | Software Technology | Certified HR Trainer
R&D Scientist at Pfizer | Oncology Research | Science Blogger
4. Role | Helping ___ (type of company) do ___ (result)
Social Media Manager | Helping software start-ups manage and grow their social media to drive more sales
5. I help ___ (type of company) do ___ (desired result)
I help coaches and consultants generate an additional $10,000-20,000 per month via video ads
6. What you do/how you meet someone’s pain point | Keyword 1 | Keyword 2 | Keyword 3
I help manufacturers become more efficient through process engineering | GMP-Certified | Project Manager | CQE
The keywords should be what a recruiter or hiring manager would search for if they were looking for someone with your skills or background.
Content Marketing Strategist specializing in press releases, blog content, and social media
This is a relatively simple formula that puts your job title or main keyword at the very front of your profile, so it gets noticed immediately.
8. X Years of Experience in ____ | Helping companies ____
5+ Years of experience in software product management | Helping tech companies grow and deliver outstanding mobile and web applications
8 years of experience in customer support for multiple Fortune-500 companies | Helping global brands deliver an outstanding customer experience
9. Area of Expertise #1 & Area of Expertise #2
Creative Advertising Expert & Digital Marketing Strategist
Engineering Team Lead & Project Management Professional